1 Do your homework to determine target focus area
Lockheed Martin is a large corporation made up of multiple business areas and supports thousands of programs. In order to get routed to and/or connected with the appropriate decision maker(s), we need your help to identify the area of target. This may be a business area, program, proposal partnership or technical need. Here are a few resources to help you identify the best fit for your company:
- Lockheed Martin web site
- Annual report
- Business Areas and What We Do pages
- “What We Buy” Directory
- Corporate Agreements Listing
After doing your homework and finding an area of a potential match, let us know. Provide the specific information of focus areas of target.
It is also important to differentiate yourself from your competitors by being able to articulate what sets you apart other than quality. Do not rely on your socio-economic category to be your discriminator.
2 Complete the Supplier Marketing Portal Profile
This is Lockheed Martin’s primary database for searching for suppliers when there is a procurement opportunity.
- Make sure your information is accurate and complete
- Include all NAICS codes
- Include self-certified size according to the Small Business Association's size standard
- Be sure to include your quality certifications and clearances
- Update your profile regularly if there are changes